Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Honeyshit


I'm not even going to post a link to this, because it isn't worth any of your time, and I would rather not add to their hit count. Ok, I lied, here it is:

Honeyshed

Someone please explain to me why people think Honeyshed and Droga's branded content model is cool. Why would anyone spend their time watching QTV presented by hipster douche bags? I'll probably be shamed from the industry for saying this, but what has Droga really accomplished other than incredibly savvy self promotion? The work his agency puts out is hailed as "genius" and "innovative" by everyone but the market they are trying to target. That means ad nerds and crusty ad nerds love it, and the 18 to 35 year old demo thinks it's crap.

Why would I want to be hit over the head with buying a product while I'm trying to be entertained? I mean it's not as if they've made the entertainment all that entertaining in the first place. Instead, it's obnoxious and incredibly inauthentic.

There is no entertainment here. It is essentially the home shopping network of the interwebz. What's so innovative about that?

I mean if their target is the kid that buys plastic break dance pants with the zippers after watching Beat Street for the first time, so be it, but supposedly their target is people within the inner sanctum. Nobody is fooled.

I respect Droga's work and attempt at solving problems beyond just advertising, but agency of the year? Really? For what?


Why the Hipster Must Die.

8 comments:

R. Falch said...

While this doesn't entertain me, Droga5 does a lot of innovative work that reaches much further than advertising.

Casey Brewer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casey Brewer said...

Like what?

Besides the water campaign.

I guess self promotion could be considered innovative.

Anonymous said...

Evidently, you can only drop off your book at Droga5 on the first Thursday of every month. My philosophy has always been that if you can't accept my book on the third tuesday of any month (except April), you can suck my nuts.

So suck my nuts, Droga5.

R. Falch said...

That's one heck of a philosophy.

I'm sure you'd be a real asset to the team.

Casey Brewer said...

Are you trying to get a job there or something?

kelly minx riordan said...

No, he's trying to get his nuts sucked. Did you not read the comment?

Casey Brewer said...

I'm talking about Falch. Not the Anonymous Nut dude, who is probably Jake.