Monday, December 10, 2007

White wizards and pygmies.




I think this little dude is pretty cool.

I have to admit, it's been difficult keeping up with the blog since starting my new gig. For one thing I've been busy as hell. For another, nothing hilarious has happened to me. So tonight, I'll use this space to sum up some cool things that I've been meaning to post for a while:

1. Red Stag Restaurant - Good eats, cool establishment, very cool commitment to the environment. My buddy Sweet River announced here that he has spermed an egg so to speak, and will be papa in the middle of June sometime. Congrats to Sweets and Angela. I'm the god father by proxy. I threw in the name Bruce Benedict Creager for good measure. I'm betting on an 8 lb fatty. Have you ever seen Sweet's calves?

2. Todd Grabe's film The Listening Project will be airing at the Oak Street Cinema on Thursday at 7:30. Check it out. He worked on this puppy for what seemed like eons.

3. Steely Dan's I'm Through with Buzz. The shortest, coolest song about cocaine and how lame it is, ever.

4. Brainco critique panel. I actually saw good design and art direction out of first quarter students. There is hope for the future after all. I will be teaching Creative Solutions next tri. Be prepared to write 100 alternative uses for bacon for your first assignment. The results will surely be posted here, and forever implanted in my brain.

5. We have scooters at work. I always thought that was an ad agency myth.

6. Headlines can hurt. Here's where you find free South Park episodes.

7. Jimmy Page. He's evolved into a full fledged White Wizard.

3 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

By the way, if anyone finds video clips of the Zepp show last night in London, please send them my why. I considered taking a sick day to search the interwebz for clips.

austin said...

the bbc has a clip on the front page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

rock, rock on.

xactlyzach said...

There are a few on YouTube. Better look quick before they are all taken down by WB.