Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Simpler Time.



I had breakfast with my mom this morning to celebrate her birthday. She's a pretty cool lady. Painter/sculptor, art teacher, creative soul. She's planning an art show this summer to show her series of masks that she made for the Heart of the Beast theater. I'll be sure to post some pictures when she does.

It got me thinking that I need to be more constructive outside of the realm of nerdvertising. I used to do things like write comedy, paint, make short films, work on my house, and more. It's hard to get back into that game when you invest so much of your energy into working on work.

I want to make Superbeast more conducive for folks to post their creative work. Not just ads, but the things we all do outside of work that make us Superbeasts. Any thoughts on how to nurture this?

3 comments:

PC said...

i've been looking for a way to get rid of the remaining self-esteem i smuggled out of brainco...

when i'm not writing mind numbing copy that i refuse to attach my name to, i write as g.glen ross over at the www.thecorporateelevator.blogspot.com.

also, for the last two freaking years i've been working on a book called trailer trash. at the moment i'm in the middle of a third re-write. to keep the momentum i've decided to serialize it via two blogs.

www.wreckmylife.wordpress.com
www.thelifeofliz.wordpress.com

read them if you have the time. comment if you feel the need.

Brynn Andre said...

I think it's precious that you used the word "nurture". What a gentle beast.

Casey Brewer said...

Jesus Christ