Sunday, October 5, 2008

Boner Talk



I had a great weekend of fun activities. So much so that I haven't been able to move much if at all today. Friday was the Poster Offensive show at the Frank Stone Gallery, with an after party at the 331 ( I fucking despise that bar). On Saturday I went to the opening of Pursecution, my friend Jackee's cool new handbag store in Uptown. Then dinner at Cafe Ena, and Metallagher at the Triple Rock. A real jet setter if you will.



All the while, I've been pondering what we can do as beasts to improve the content and readership of the blog. I had a chat with the founders and they suggested doing daily columns. I think that's a pretty great idea. I'm still trying to think of what my column should be about. I would also like to invite any and all people to post interesting content here.

I'm also cooking up ideas for a t-shirt that our main man in NYC Marty Nez the Fun Guy will design.

6 comments:

Not Dickless said...

You and me - let's fight. What's wrong with the 331? It's my favorite bar or it was when I lived in town. A hot dog loving man like you would love the Hot Pollack they have on the menu.

I'm up for writing about life at the Brandcenter and in general about a MN transplant in VA if that's of any interest.

Casey Brewer said...

Sounds good Don. You're our man in VA.

I dislike the 331 for a few reasons, but mainly because of the shitty bands that perform there nightly at ungodly ear splitting volume levels. It's impossible to hold a conversation there because of it. And that's what I do. Hold conversations while holding hands.

Anonymous said...

carmichael chronicles?

a column about your daily experiences at the agency. the projects, the wins, the losses, the struggles, the fights, the girls, the GOSSIP!

you know, the inside shit you don't hear on agencyspy.



-the uncs

Casey Brewer said...

I would be happy to comment on the local advertising scene, but I'm not comfortable airing out the dirty laundry of my own shop. I think most people would be bored to tears.

That Agencyspy site is ridiculous. They haven't got much right about us.

R. Falch said...

Yeah...let's stay away from ad gossip. Leave that to the real dorks.

I'll take the Beijing Beat. I'll write about being a copywriter while being almost completely illiterate. And the hilarity of every day life.

Hey Don - Do you ever go to Captain Buzzy Beans(Libby Hill/East Broad Street) in Richmond? They take coffee and put it into ice cube trays and then freeze it...making coffee cubes for iced coffee. That and The Hard Shell almost make up for the stench of the James River.

R. Falch said...

I can't believe how good Metallagher is.