Saturday, November 29, 2008

What I'm thankful for....



The roots of all great soul music features one foot stuck firmly in the church, and another hanging off a freshly humped bed. Here we have Superbeast Sharon Jones skull fucking the ivories, with her capable cohorts the Dap Kings holding the rhythm tighter than Pee Wee's choke on his chicken.

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings will be gracing the stage at the Pantages theater this coming Tuesday, December 2nd. Will somebody please sub my class for me?

3 comments:

Not Dickless said...

I'm thankful that
a) she's getting the success she deserves

b) I got to see her at the 400 before she was big.

Casey Brewer said...

Oh Donnie, you so cool.

R. Falch said...

Yeah, well I used to run and shoot junk with Candy Stanton and the rest of the Mussel Schoals studio crew.