Saturday, December 20, 2008

Out on my ass: Episode 2.

The only thing worse than being out on my ass, is being out on my ass while being sick. My head feels like a 100 gallon drum, and I can't find any Emergen-C in the 'hood. I blame my complete and utter lack of productivity on this damn cold. The one thing I have managed to do is eat a lot and not get any exercise. Even if I never get another job, I'll always be a fat surly bastard.

1. Daytime television.

I do not envy the suburban housewives that fall victim to this cruel and unusual punishment. I mean, it's great that they're rich and they can lounge around all day their "active wear" while they compound their anxieties about being "unattended" to by their limp dick stock broker douche husbands, but Dr. Phil? The sound of the man's voice alone is enough to make me despise the medical profession in its entirety.

2. Documentary film, and its obvious awesomeness.

I just watched You're Going to Miss Me, the documentary about 13th Floor Elevators front man Roky Erickson. It was excellent. I've always been a fan of his music, but the stuff he did in the late 70's with the Aliens is pure and unbridled satan rock. The best kind of rock.

3. Trying to get my book together.

Why is this so damn difficult? I've literally had to bribe art director buddies to do this for me. I think agencies should have to do this stuff for you when you get canned. I'm not some Creative Suite nerd ok?

4. James Gang.



Another one of those bands that provides undeniable proof that being a hard-up loser ain't so bad. Thanks to Mike Haeg and the KQRS A-to-Z special for reminding me.

5. Playing records at ad schools for cash.

"Who's that lump playing records?"

"Oh he used to have a job or something like that, now he just hangs out here all the time."

"Weird."

"I know, the music is way too fucking loud too."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need help putting your book together, buddy. I'll gladly do it for you. I used to do landstander's all the time and he'd pay me in beers.

Casey Brewer said...

Matt Pruett was kind enough to help me, but I may need some tweaks. Thanks buddy.

R. Falch said...

One of the few albums I brought with me when I moved was James Gang "Rides Again".

What the hell happened to Joe Walsh?! A serious downfall of a man.

R. Falch said...

STEAL MUSIC!!!!!

13th Floor Elevators - Live at the Avalon Ballroom 1966

http://rapidshare.com/files/172577881/13TH_FLR_ELVTRS_LV_AT_TH_AVLN_BLLRM.rar.html

R. Falch said...

Unemployment Haikus?

http://unemploymenthaikuweekly.blogspot.com/