Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wanna trade baseball cards?



I was just reading about this dude, Scott Mortimer, who is attempting to have every card from his complete set of '83 Fleer autographed. He's been doing this through the mail since 2006, sending two or three cards to each player along with his request for an autograph. So far, he's acquired 64% of the complete set. Wow, I'm impressed. Sadly, his goal will never come true; there are 20-some deceased players who had cards printed that year. Why he didn't choose a more current set like, say, the 2006 Upper Deck Young Super Stars of the Game Laminated Edition, is beyond me.



In other baseball card news, a woman from Fresno recently discovered a rare 1869 card depicting the Red Stocking B.B. Club of Cincinnati (awesome name), which was the very first professional baseball team in America. Pretty rad. What's not rad is she tried to sell it on eBay for $10. Luckily, old gal came to her senses and pulled it. The card's estimated value is $100,000.

And I'm serious, does anyone wanna trade cards with me? I've got tons of Griffey's and shit.

10 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

Bro, I have over 300 Darryl Strawberry cards. I will trade them for...

pretty much anything.

Casey Brewer said...

Oh yeah RIP Jeff Reardon.

theryanburk said...

I think I'm going to start keeping my cards at the office so that I'm always ready to trade.

Casey Brewer said...

That's a great idea. I have Ricky Henderson's rookie, is that worth anything?

theryanburk said...

I've got that card, too - it's one of my faves. It used to be worth about $200 bucks. In times like these, however, you'd be lucky to trade it for a pack of Parliments.

Casey Brewer said...

Ricky don't play dat.

R. Falch said...

I have so many cards. Holy hell. I used to trade anything for Eric Davis cards.

Got a lotta Chris Sabo's too.

Not Dickless said...

Reardon's not dead.

Casey Brewer said...

That's right, it was his son that died. He was arrested for armed robbery. My bad.

R. Falch said...

Can we just go on pretending he's dead?