Monday, February 15, 2010

My Dragon Slayer.



I used to play guitar. I was pretty good too. I took lessons from the age of 12 to 17. I played in kick ass bands, with kick ass dudes. I defiled stages, and the girls that watched us play on them. I prayed to the altar of Lords Page and Iommi. I kicked it with Eddie Hazel, and fist bumped Jeff Beck.

Then I stopped playing. Spinning records and sifting through dusty crates took all my time. I still noodled now and then, but the desire to melt faces with blistering fret work and dynamic riffage had dissipated.

Now that I'm old and fat and fascinated by own glory days, I decided to pick up a new axe.

I found this little floozy today. I diddled her fiddle, and finger blasted her fretboard. She's been tossed around a bit with her fair share of dings and dents, but she sings just right. And she was a cheap date.

Behold, the master of the cataclysm. The willing host of the end of times. My new axe.

3 comments:

R. Falch said...

Did you buy an SG Studio?

That's a real man's guitar.

Casey Brewer said...

Yessir I did. It's a SG Faded. Only real difference is the finish from the Standard. It's used so it plays pretty fast. I love it a lot. Can't wait to get it home.

queasyfish said...

Nice looking guitar. And it was the understatement of the lifetime - metal does rule.