Monday, October 11, 2010

LA Intrigue.

While on production, I've noticed a few interesting things about Los Angeles.

1. There are hundreds of donut shops in Long Beach. Every corner is inhabited by a giant plaster donut. My buddy Hart dubbed the community the epicenter of obesity.



2. Competitive beach volleyball actually exists. I saw it with my own eyes. Amazonian women in thong swimwear, grunting and fist bumping their way to jubilant victory on the sand. While on a jog I happened upon this strange and alluring pastime. Intriguing.

3. Off the Shelf catering company is vastly superior to any craft service provider I've ever dealt with. Rumor has it that Dustin Hoffman is a financial backer. That man must love Huevos Rancheros as much as I do.

4. Whale Tail sightings are at an all-time high. I snapped this keepsake for posterity.



5. I'm fairly confident that our hotel caters solely to Russian billionaires and human trafficking connoisseurs. I'm fairly confident that Santa Monica as a whole caters solely to Russian billionaires and human trafficking connoisseurs.


Stay Tuned. More to come.

4 comments:

Sean Whipps said...

Holy shit! Off the Shelf!!! That place catered a shoot I was on last Fall while LA for a few weeks...

As for beach volleyball, it is all too real. As are "power lunches" I saw a steady stream of state-school MBAs Audi there way over to Abbot Kinnie to take in some sushi... that town is a mindfuck.

Casey Brewer said...

"Audi their way over...to take in some sushi" is my new favorite saying.

Sean Whipps said...

Yeah man. "To Live and Dine in LA."

frank adam said...

Huevos Rancheros and wale tail? I really have to hate on you. Nah, do the damn thing, just don't drip any salsa down a misguided ass crack.