Monday, May 16, 2011

Drawing From Memory.



Stephen Wiltshire is an artist who draws and paints detailed cityscapes. Big deal you say? The dude draws these accurate representations by memory. He also has autism. He uses his illustrations as a way to communicate and relax. His works are sometimes the size of billboards and he finishes them within days.



It kind of puts things in perspective. I might have a harder time whining about my poorly executed art projects after learning about his process.



Stephen is currently working with Publicis Worldwide on a project that will displayed at JFK International Airport.

4 comments:

Joshie K said...

Reminds me of Gregory Blackstock. He is a Seattle autistic savant who draws lists of things. Really dig his book of drawings:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackstocks-Collections-Drawings-Artistic-Savant/dp/1568985797

Casey Brewer said...

Cool. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip duder.

Shayla said...

It is so amazing how people who are autistic can do such extraordinary things. I once read an article about a child who was blind AND autistic but yet he could play piano better than any 60 year old expert. I have Aspergers Syndrome which makes it hard for me to communicate in real life with my peers. But, in the internet world it is different.

Casey Brewer said...

Thanks for checking out the blog and providing some insight Shayla.