Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dick Pust. For Mayor.



I spotted these political signs all over Olympia while on a motorcycle trip a few weeks back. Turns out Dick Pust was a radio broadcaster for KGY (if the call letters were only "KY." One can only dream) for 51 years. Now he's running for Mayor at 70. I suppose having a spit-take worthy name like Dick Pust is only a "rub" when you don't have a golden voice. I'm sure he pronounces it in a super interesting way too. "Poost," "Peest," "Pusssssss." I prefer it simple like.

Editor's Note: Dick Pust still isn't the best name I've seen for an elected official. That honor goes to Dan Mansavage who ran for Sheriff of Pine County in Minnesota years ago. I stole one of his signs and had it hanging on my wall for years. I also imagined that his constituents had to keep him in a locked cage at all times, for fear he may terrorize the town and devour cattle.

1 comment:

Jewittwlou said...

Warning: Do not order a weak formulation that also contains other ingredients. Certain areas of Africa being the only exporters, hoodia products are expensive. The options of a unique Hoodia review will demonstrate how diet can be impacted in a positive way since you are no more struggling with the difficulties allied with appetite. You will find about 20 types of Hoodia, but only Hoodia Gordonii is regarded as to possess the actual appetite suppressant element in it. If you encounter any side effects, you should talk to your doctor.