Friday, October 7, 2011

John James Audubon. Superbeast.

It's only a matter of time before the Den of Superbeast looks like a John James Audubon sketchbook. When I look at his illustrations, I fantasize about scurrying around in the forest eating strange beetles while wearing nothing but a loin cloth. In actuality, I'm sitting behind a computer churning out slogans for processed meat. I'm also wearing pants. Sigh.

A friend and I are currently on the pursuit for The Viviparous Quadrupeds of North America book by Audubon. She found this one on Christie's auction house for $220,000.




1 comment:

-------------------- said...

It is...only a matter of time.

I love Audubon because while I exercise the curiosity of my primitive self from time to time through mountain hikes with no-slip grip, he was living the wildman's dream. A gentleman scholar. In head to toe animal hide.