Thursday, May 2, 2013

Siva Kalpa.

The cast of characters from the Siva Kalpa hippy commune my Mom and Dad were part of in the 60's and 70's. We all got together in Sebastopol, CA to mourn the loss of my Mom's dear friend Susan. 


Hari. The master of ceremonies. He looked good for being in his 70's. "I never really indulged as much as the other Family members..."


Tony. He supposedly played hammond organ in one of my Dad's SF bands. "Your Dad was a helluva guitar player, man. He was serious. Maybe too serious, man."


Dick Voda. One of my Dad's oldest pals. I've heard stories about this guy my entire life. What a smile!


I'm not sure who this guru dude is. He sat alone at a picnic table the entire time, while old hippy ladies fed him food. 


Bob. He played pan flute and bagpipes. And smoked a joint every 15 minutes.


No comments: