Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Beast Beards!


In spite of our best intentions, Super Beasts aren't very good at committing to a plan. We talk about doing things but never quite get around to doing them. There was the short lived, but good while they lasted, Beast Feasts, which sputtered out after the inaugural luncheon. The oft-threatened Super Beast Scrabble tournament which is still in the rudimentary stages of planning, where I suspect it will remain indefinitely. And we mustn't overlook the bi-weekly talks of post work drinks that usually die around 5:00 in inboxes all over ad world. Hell, there are countless examples that illustrate this point. Fickle and hedonistic by nature, a Super Beast cannot be blamed for his mercurial, non-committal behavior. Instead, it must be embraced and celebrated. So, in this spirit, here's another thing that we should never do: Beast Beards! I'm already three days in to a French Fork, mon freres. I hope to one day acquire the ability to eat with it. Bon appetite!

10 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

I have the "short on box blues".

R. Falch said...

Starting this coming Monday, we're having our first annual agency beard off.

More to come.

theryanburk said...

"More to come." That should be your beard-off slogan.

chris liakos said...

psshh, i'll throw down a Balbo in a week. I was going to anyway.

Beard-off just seems like a fancy term for shaving.

theryanburk said...

Beard-off sounds like a Ron Popeil product to me.

R. Falch said...

In high school I had an acapella metal band called "Ron Popeil's Pube On My Toilet Seat".

We did mostly Megadeth, the song that goes "Here I Go Again On My Own etc...", Ride the Lightning-era Metallica and that one Prong tune.

We had awesome posters of Ron P.

kelly minx riordan said...

I have a fake mustache. Does that count?

In other news I could certainly bring along an actual mustache. Not attached to me in the traditional sense. But mine nonetheless.

You know what? This comment just went horribly wrong. I'm going to the meat post.

Someone please stop me before I say anything else.

theryanburk said...

Inscrutable comment, Minx. I'm brushing my French Fork, in case anyone was wondering.

austin said...

Let's face it, no one will out-beard me.

theryanburk said...

Dem's bearding words.