Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Live From the Middle Kingdom

Beijing is hilarious. For instance:



He's the delivery clown for Happy Clown Flowers. He goes from office to office, from what I can tell, in a general state of malaise and depression, and delivers flowers and sadness. I cannot express the amount of appreciation I have for the world to know that he exists. I don't get off on what I imagine to be his humiliation. I just think he's amazing and I'm sure he pulls plenty of tail in that costume.

What do people love? Flowers? Clowns? Happiness? What about Happy Clown Flowers!?

That may have backfired...

I saw him six months ago, during a monumental hangover and thought I hallucinated him. And the world has righted itself—now I have proof.

The elusive Happy Clown Flowers clown, delivering appreciation for one's job everywhere he goes.

Check his ride:

6 comments:

lee said...

I love that photo. It looks like that clown is about to assassinate someone. With a smile.

Casey Brewer said...

Sounds like a pretty good gig. What does it pay?

Zetzman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zetzman said...

It looks like he's peeing on the building. Must be part of the total happiness package.

peter said...

the chinese are awesomely bizarre. and i can't get enough of it.

R. Falch said...

yes, peter. they sure are.

i am really fascinated by the concept of never fully understanding, even if i am smart enough to be completely literate some day.