Monday, January 19, 2009

Run DC



On the eve of the Presidential inauguration, I decided to turn off CNN and the talking heads and instead watch a documentary about Townes Van Zandt. While I'm incredibly excited and hopeful about Barack Obama's inauguration, the pablum spewed by shitty rappers, celebrities, and d-list "journalists" leaves a lot to be desired. The hype is warranted, but I'll choose when to indulge in it.

Anyway, Not Dickless found this great T-shirt. I've seen this before, but I thought it an apt posting on the eve of a monumental day in American history. Thanks Donnie.

All that said, the documentary was called Be Here to Love Me: A Film about Townes Van Zandt. I'm not a huge fan of his music, but his life is rather amusing to say the least. Check it out.

2 comments:

Not Dickless said...

Get one here: www.rundc09.com

theryanburk said...

Out of sheer coincidence I'm wearing the same braided gold chain today.

Anyone want to meet for inauguration drinks at 11?