Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Guitar Lessons.



My birthday isn't until July, but maybe artist Maxim Dalton will accept pre-orders for his amazing poster entitled "Guitar Lessons: a series of master classes" on my behalf.

Who's your favorite guitar shredder featured in the poster? There's quite few to choose from:

Frank Zappa, George Harrison, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Brian May, Johnny Ramone, Jack White, The Edge, Chuck Berry, Angus Young, Pete Townshend, Tony Iommi, Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, Ace Frehley, Ritchie Blackmore, Duane Allman, Kirk Hammett, Carlos Santana, John Frusciante, Yngwie Malmsteen (arpeggios from hell!), Kurt Cobain, Mike Bloomfield, Jerry Garcia, Ry Cooder, Bo Diddley, Jeff Beck, Tom Morello, Brian Setzer and Peter Green.

Maxim missed quite a few of the quintessential Blues and Metal players, and like Chris Burns of the World Famous Design Junkies said, "and oh my god where in the raspberry beret is PRINCE?"

Still, this little ditty deserves a spot right next to my Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck altars.

2 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

No need to buy this for me. I've ordered one for myself. Thanks for nothing.

janie mo said...

you can photoshop me in as prince.