Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Things not to do in Montana.



As I was driving across America, my trustworthy navigation system rerouted me from 90 to 94. I was pretty peeved; after all I wanted to see Mt. Rushmore. I didn’t know what to do, so I called my buddy, Adam to get some directions from a human instead of a computer.

He told me that I could go down 40 something and would eventually hit 90. And that’s what I did.

40 something was a desolate road. Nothing to see. And by nothing I mean nothing. So I kept on driving. After a few miles I decided that I didn’t want this to be the road I died on. So I turned on a side street, did a U-turn and went back the way I came.

Seconds later three Halliburton trucks came out of nowhere and started following me. Two stayed behind me and one got right up next to me. If there were ever a moment to put to use any of the driving skills that I learned in Grand Theft Auto this would have been the time. But then I remembered that I’m a shitty driver.

So I started internally panicking, wondering what secret prison my cats and me were going to get locked in for whatever we saw on the side street. Before I could get an answer the trucks sped past me and drove out of my life. For a second I thought about turning around and seeing what was down that road. But I didn’t.

2 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

Schneids, you could have been a political prisoner! We would have gone all Red dawn on the bit to break you free.

Bukes said...

Oh my.