Monday, August 15, 2011

Can't Cage a Beast on The Bearded Lady.


Washington state offers ample geographical wonders to live like a total man savage. Take this weekend for example, on Saturday I rolled out to the Cascades with a few pals and crushed Mt. Index. I dunked my wolfen mane into the icy waters of Bridal Veil Falls and pounded a Rainier Ale (that's their malt liquor) before climbing the steep and treacherous incline to Lake Serene. I made it home just in time to fire up the grill and cook some chicken thighs that I've been marinating in homemade terriyaki for two days. Total savagery.

On Sunday I had a power breakfast with an artist to talk collaboration, then picked up my pal Max to take out his 26 foot Chrysler Sailboat. You heard that right. We went sailing on Possession Sound. From the top of a mountain one day to pounding growlers of Scuttlebutt IPA on a sexy sailboat the next. We went swimming with seals, ripped the main sail, almost capsized the fucker trying to get in back into the slip, and admired one of the most incredible sunsets I've ever experienced. The name of the boat is The Bearded Lady. Yesterday was all about bearded dudes.



The men of The Bearded Lady. Johnny Sockwell and Mad Max. Nothing but good times and hirsute felines for these seaway scallywags.



Max. Just jibbin'.



Got my oxford on. Got my khakis on. Got my IPA face on.



Captain Mad Max. Red Beard.



Yeah.



Retirement at 35 can be your reality too. Go savage.


No comments: